As ‘School Council’ members, we have the following job description:
- To write an action plan for the year ahead,
- Listen to pupils’ views about the school. We will analyse their questionnaire answers and work together to look at the strengths of Castle Park Primary and School and what the children would like to improve,
- We will take assemblies and share and reflect on what we have been doing,
- Organise competitions to raise money and work alongside the Friends of Castle Park Primary School to do this,
- We will be reflective learners. We will listen to the views of our peers. Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) says that children and young people should have a say in decisions that affect their lives,
- We will share our work with the whole school; including parents, staff and Governors,
- We will evaluate our action plan at the end of the year and identify our strengths and areas to improve for the following year.